Welcome to my blog! If you don’t know me, my name is Anton DeFade. I am a young upright and electric bassist living in New York City. I am from Pittsburgh, PA and I go back there quite frequently. I have aspirations of being truly great, and I’m always working on something.
I have created this blog so I can share my experiences and thoughts as a young musician today. I feel like right now is a very a different and interesting time to be coming up as an artist. No one can really predict even the near future and while we can learn a whole lot from the past, we must approach things differently in order to succeed.
What I hope to accomplish with this blog is:
- Have people learn from my experiences; the successes, the mistakes, everything
- Help organize my own thoughts and think about things I normally wouldn’t on a day to day basis.
- Receive feedback from readers; the more communication there is, the easier it is to help each other.
- Get myself writing more.
- Document my growth; as a musician, as a composer, as a writer, and as a person.
- This may be reiterating, but I want to help out anyone that I can. I’ve been incredibly blessed to have a solid group of people who support me and help me out. I’d like to pass that on somehow. I am by no means a seasoned master with a wealth of wisdom, but I feel that I can offer something.
I hope you enjoy my blog. Please give feedback! I really want to hear from you and I cannot stress that enough. If there’s something you dislike, let me know and tell me why. If there’s something you like, let me know and tell me why. If there’s something you are having problems with, let me know. I experience a whole lot of different issues all the time so maybe we can help each other. If there’s anything you think I can help you with, let me know. I just want as much communication as possible.
Also, I’d like to note that this blog is not only for musicians. It’s primarily going to be focused on music but many things are universal and I’m hoping non-musicians will be able to get something out of this blog too.
Thank you for visiting, I’ll talk to you soon